Question
Posted by: Cuteangel | 2008/08/13

Period &  Contraceptives.

Dear Doc,

I would like to know if it' s normal to miss my period after switching from one brand of pill to another? For the past 2 months i' ve been having my period regularly but only started the pill last month. The pill i was on was giving me bad sides effect including depressive moods so i had to switch to another brand which is low dose(monophasic pill) that my gynae prescribe for me. I took it as suggested in the pack, right after i finished my last active pill of the previous brand and started the New active pill without taking the inactive pills of the old brand.

I' m suppose to have my break- through bleeding today but i' m still waiting, i' m not even spotting or anything like that. i' ve been sexually active during this time on the pill but we also used protection to be extra safe and it didn' t break or anything. Is this normal or should i worry? Is it possible that by not taking the reminder pills i postponed my " period" ?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Dear Cute angel
You may have missed the period because you started taking active pills directly without taking your inactive pills. I think you took enough precautions. Your risk of being pregnant is very low to nil.