Posted by: Shell | 2011-01-31

Period after Zoladex &  myomectomy

I was injected with 10.8 mg depot Zoladex on 4 November 2010 to try reduce the main fibroid in my uterus. I only had the one injxn which my gynae said would last for 6 weeks. had a scan on 8 December - fibroid had slightly reduced. Had an Abdominal Myomectomy 14 December to remove the fibroid(s) - in fact 7 in total - biggest one being 5cm x 7cm!.
Had an HSG and my post-op check up 12 Jan (10 wks since injection and 4 wks since op). Left side all clear - right side distal end obstructed - DR said all OK with some internal healing to happen and that my cycle could return any time in the following 4 wks... (between 12 Jan - 9 Feb)... Still got the hot flushes and no cycle has started.
When will the Zoladex be out of my system and roughly when can I expect my perod to start again ?

Dear Shell

The effect of the Zoladex 10.8mg may later for 3-4 months and therefore you might still have to wait up to middle of March. However beyond this point if you have not received your menses it would be best to visit your gynaecologist for a full hormone evaluation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim