Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2012/08/23

Period after Sterilisation

I was sterilised 25 April 2011, since then I''ve had very irregular periods. My norm used to be 3-4 days &  light now it is very heavy and lasts for 4 days and then returns for another 2-3 days two days later. I''m really confused. Now I haven''t had a period for over a month. I''ve done a home pregnancy test, because knowing my luck I would be the 0.1 - 1% chance of becoming pregnant after a sterilisation?

Is the irregular period normal or should I rather be examined?

If you were on the Pill before the sterilisation, this would explain it. The Pill regulates periods and you would now be back to your 'normal' cycle off the Pill. You may need to see your gynaecologist to check hormone levels, etc.

1