Question
Posted by: Tdp | 2011/12/05

Period after pregnancy

Good morning

I would just like to find out what the norm is for ones period after pregnancy.

My son was born via C-section on 1 September. I went for my 1 week check up and all was fine. And same with the 6 week check up.

After the c section I was bleeding for about 6 weeks. (I stopped breast feeding at around 3 weeks). I got my period at 7 weeks (heavy flow, darker blood, with clots). It lasted for about 2 weeks. (it stopped around the 27/28th of October. Since then I haven''t had my period.

I did a pregnancy test last week thursday (1 Dec) and it was negative. I have had cramping in my abdomen and around my ovaries for the past 2 and a half weeks and it is quite sensitive around my scar.

Could I be pregnant again? Should I worry that something might be wrong? Or should I just do another test in a week or so?

Thank you.

Your periods may be a bit irregular just after a delivery. Check a pregnancy test to be on the safe side, but this would be unlikely.

1