Posted by: cj | 2012-11-26

period after miscarriage

Hi Doctor,

I had a miscarriage on 22 october at 8 weeks and the doctor did a D&  C as the ultrasound scan showed that some of the tissue did not come out. on the 22 nov I had pains that felt like really bad period pains and I thought that my period is coming as it was excatly 30 days after my miscarriage. On friday I still had the bad period pain and saw light red blood, but by saturday morning the light red blood turned to brown with very small pieces of what seems like tissue. By this morning this also has gone. Can I except this as a period or not and is this normal?
Thank you doctor.

It is possible that you experienced menstruation. Do not be concerned but if you keep on experiencing severe lower abdominal pain with any form of vaginal discharge, accompanied by a fever, you will have to consult your doctor.