Question
Posted by: Pally | 2010/09/21

Period after laparoscopy

I went for a laparoscopy on 12 Aug 2010 for removal of endometriosis (stage 4), i have menstruated three times since then, is it normal? It is also heavy than usual. i usually get my period once a month even though the cycle is between 22 and 24 days.

Dear Pally

This occasionally happens due to the fact that several ovarian cysts may have been removed or drained and this results in shift in hormonal levels. If the problem persists I would recommend some form of hormonal control for a short while but I would recommend that you wait at least another 2-3 weeks. However should the bleeding be excessive and greatly distressing then you need to see your gynaecologist sooner.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/09/30

Dear Pally

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert