Question
Posted by: Curious | 2008/10/07

Period after IVF Miscarriage

Hi.

Please tell me when should i expect a period after an IVF mis/c.. I m/c on the 22nd August and have had no period since then.. My cycle is normally 33 days.. Today i am CD47.. This is not nrmal as my cycles are alwys regular..

Dear Curious

This is certainly not normal and I would suggest that you would have a pelvic ultrasound scan done to exclude likelihood of an ovarian cyst or cysts. However in certain cases of advanced pregnancy miscarriages, a delay of up to 6 weeks may be accepted as normal. However should your miscarriage have occurred in a pregnancy 6 weeks or less then this problem would certainly require further investigation.

Answered by:Dr Cassim

5
Posted by: Curious | 2008/10/10

Thank you for replying.. Dr. Cassim, I had a ivf miscarraige at about 4.5 weeks.. i think it was due to the fact that my husband has a low sperm mophology problem. How would i know if i have cysts? I have been to my Gynae on the 5th September and had en examination done but my ovaries seemed to already have went back to normal?? Could it maybe be the medication that can cause the delay?? Maybe Lucrin?? Can i not take provera to bring on a period??

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Curious | 2008/10/08

that probably means we havent ovulated i think... Or hav we?? It is also getting to me..

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/08

Good luck. I' m also still waiting. Driving me up the wall here.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Curious | 2008/10/07

thanks Nix.. So sorry for your loss as well. Its about 6 1/2 weeks now already.. Ill wait another 1 and half weeks and if she doesnt show by 17 October ill call my FS to find out what i shud do?

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/07

after a miscarriage it takes 4 - 8 weeks for your period to return. Sorry for your loss. i also lost my baby on the 28 august and i' m still waiting for my period. Thursday will be 6 weeks.

Reply to Nix