Question
Posted by: Janine | 2012/01/26

Period after D& C

Due to a miscarriage I had a d& c at the end of December. I started spotting bright blood on Saturday and since yesterday the bleeding got a lot more and it''s much more than my periods ever were.

I it normal for a period to be heavier after a d& c? Before I became pregnant my periods lasted 7 days. How long will this one last?

Janine

It is normal to experience heavier menstruation after a miscarriage but I do suggest that you consult your gynaecologist for an examination. It should stabilise and hopefully your period would not last longer than seven days. If it is very painful, you can use Naproxen 275 mg, four times daily.