Question
Posted by: PM24 | 2012-04-19

Period after d and c

I had a d& c on 9 March, as at 6weeks my gynae only found a sac and no baby and I was bleeding clots. I was sent for various blood tests after to determine the miscarriage and it was found that my thyroid was low, there were signs of rhematoid arthiritis and the cmv virus that is no longer a threat as I apparently had it before. On the 15th March, I went to my gynae for a check up (after the d& C, the bleeding stopped) and thereafter had light bleeding for 3 days - was this my period? Today is the 19th March (almost 6 weeks after the d& c) and I still have no period. I took a preggie test yesterday and it was negative. Please help! Thx

The 3 day bleed was probably your period. Periods can be irregular for up to 8 weeks after a miscarriage.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-04-24