Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010-10-20

Period after Abortion

I had an abortion in late July and bled very heavily afterwards. It took about 3 weeks for me to fully recover. Since then however I have not had a proper period and have been spotting one day around the time of my period.

Im very worried. Please advise.

Dear Worried
You may have a very thin womb lining due to the abortion. Speak to your doctor as you may need to take hormonal supplements for a few months to try and get you into a cycle again. Are you using any contraceptives?
dR Bets

2
Posted by: Worried | 2010-10-21

I have not been on one since the bleeding stopped. I usually take the 3 month injection and was advised to wait for my next period. Which hasn''t really come.

I have a 28 month son and am hoping to " add"  to our family maybe when he is five. Especially since we had a miscarriage last year and werent ready to go through another pregnancy again.

Reply to Worried
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-20

Dear Worried
dR Bets