Posted by: Worried | 2009-09-10

period 9 days late

Hi there,

My period is 9 days late, and I usually have a 28 day cycle. Last month it was 5 days late, but this month I seem to have skipped it. My boyfriend uses a condom, and it has never torn. We have had sex without a condon the past month, but he pulled out before anything happened, and I don' t think it was while I was ovulating. I am also not on the pill.
I am worried that I could be pregnant. My breasts are slightly tender, which is why I thought I was starting my period, and I have had subtle cramps too. Yesterday I had one spot of pink blood, and nothing else. This is all very confusing. Why would I have mild pms symptoms, but no period? SUrely I can' t be pregnant.

You could be pregnant. The first thing to do would be to check a pregnancy test.

Posted by: Worried | 2009-09-14

I started my period this morning, so I am very relieved!

Reply to Worried
Posted by: Worried | 2009-09-11

Thanks for the replies. I' ll be honest, when I read them I got butterflies in my stomach from nerves. Me and my boyfriend have a very loving, stable relationship, so it won' t be the end of the world if I am indeed pregnant, it' s just not something we ideally would' nt want right now.

I do still think my hormones are just out of sync, because even though we had unprotected sex, he never ejaculated inside of me. However, I have recently gained 1 or 2kg' s without changing my diet, and I cannot seem to lose them at all, no matter how little I eat or how hard I gym. And today I have been taking strain with nausea, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

I think I' ll give it another week before I take a test!

Reply to Worried
Posted by: Trudie | 2009-09-11

The pink spot is called inplantation bleeding, it' s when the egg attaches itself to the womb. I had the same when i got pregnant with my 1st child. There' s a huge chance that you are indeed pregnant. Take a home pregnancy test, i have a good feeling the result' s gonna be positive.

Reply to Trudie
Posted by: Janine | 2009-09-10

Girl, you' re not on the pill, you had sex without a condom and your period is late - I think there is a possibility that you might be pregnant. You are not sure that you were ovulating or not, so the possibilty could be very high that you were? Please get a pregnancy test asap as you will be able to tell at this stage if you are or not. Also, the pink discharge and mild period like cramps is usually associated with early pregnancy symptoms, so my advise is to check it out asap!

Reply to Janine