Posted by: Ani | 2012-11-01

Good Morning

I''d like to know if you can shed some light on my ''problem''. Got the Mirena out 14/4 after 3 years &  had no period whilst having it. After removal, within 2 weeks my period started &  been regular since. I''ve started drinking Fertipil Plus about 3 weeks ago. My normal cycle is 31 days, starting early in the morning, longest cycle was 34 days, but my dog died so I had a delayed ovulation (think so, was incredibly sad). My period was due 18/10, on 20/10 late at night I got Spot Bleeding, I thought ok period is about 2 days late, might still be stress about dog that made my ovulation late, so got Tampon &  went to bed. Blood was dark red / brown - looked old very small amount. Next morning struggled to get Tampon out &  it was clean. I thought usually my period starts with spot bleeding &  then gets heavier throughout the day, so it might start later. On 23/10 I got Cervical Mucus that was like when you ovulate, but it had a streak of brown blood in it. Since then, still no period. I have a bloated stomach and get small butterfly type pulling sensations in the lower left &  middle region, nothing intense. I''m not someone who gets pms / cramps or anything nasty when I do have my period, so I can''t really tell the difference. If I''m pregnant, I''d be elated, if not, I''d like to know what else can cause a 14 day delayed period. I did take 2 pregnancy tests, 1 on 25/10 &  1 on 31/10, both read a clear negative. It''s 1/11 today and would like to know what to ask my Doctor what to test for. If it helps, I''m 27years old with no other medical problems, that I know of.
Thank you!

Dear Ani
Apart from a pregnancy there are other causes as to why one misses a menstrual cycle. The presence of an ovarian cyst can inhibit a menstrual cycle as well as having an anovulatory cycle can prolong the onset of menstruation, by anovulation means that ovulation might have not taken place the month before that. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist so that an ultrasound can be performed, to exclude the above potential problems. There are also some hormonal issues that may predispose to menstrual irregularity and these would include thyroid abnormalities if you have an elevated prolactin level as well as a high insulin level. All of these also disturb the menstrual cycle.
Answered by :Dr Y.M.Dasoo

Posted by: lowl | 2015-08-17

Can I take fertipil plus during my period

Reply to lowl
Posted by: thandie | 2015-06-18

I am taking fertipil plus now for 2 weeks bt nw my period dnt stop and its dark blood with clots. Is this normal when you are taking fertjhpil plus?

Reply to thandie
Posted by: julia | 2015-01-14

I am taking fertipilplus for 2 weeks now but my periods dont stop what must i do. Thank you

Reply to julia
Posted by: Maria | 2014-06-10

I have bought fertipil plus and will like to know if I can take it while on menstruation

Reply to Maria