Question
Posted by: Yaya | 2011-10-15

Period

About 6 weeks ago I had my loop removed. my husband and i are trying for a baby. My period lasts for 3 days. my problem is last month when my period came I spotted for 2 days and only got the normal period on my third day. the same happened this month. What could be the cause?

Dear Yaya

Spotting before getting a normal bleed maybe an indication of several possible problems including disorder or dysfunction of endometrium (lining of the womb), hormonal imbalance, or outflow obstruction. In your case it may be related to the removal of the loop which in some cases may disturb the endometrium. The problem should correct itself within the next one or two periods but if it persists I would suggest that you visit your gynaecologist for a thorough investigation.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-10-25

Dear Yaya

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert