Posted by: worried | 2011-06-06

Good day,

I am 22yrs old and my period is not correct, i am on the pill and have brrn for 6yrs now, i am on triphisil for more than a year and for the last 2 months i have been getting my periods early,

this month i got my periods 8 days before starting on the red pills and it is heavy, last month i got it 12 days before and it lasted for about 3 days but wasnt really heavy like now and then i got it again when i started on my red pill. today is day 3 on my period that was not supposed to happen and i have 5 days to go before the red pill, so basically if this bleeding goes on i will have a two week long period? I am also shaky and light headed,

What can this be?

Thank you in advance

I strongly suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for an exmanination, papsmear and an ultrasound to exclude any underlying pathology. It is possible that your abnormal bleeding is due to the oral contaceptive and it might be that you need to take a stronger oral contraceptive (containing a higher estrogen and progesterone level).