Posted by: steph | 2010-10-22

i went to see the dr about this wierd tissue. he said it was likely due to the fact that i had stopped the pill for that short period and that as i was on jasmine i had low estrogen ( hm...maybe he said progesterone) levels, and so the tissue becomes weakened so the break in the pill could cause the lining to break off in chunks??

does this sound feasable?

Please refer to the following link to get a better understanding about menstruation (the shedding of the uterine lining):

Posted by: Nic | 2010-10-22

Sorry, I also meant to mention that when it happened I got hold of the Dr on duty at the local emergency centre and he confirmed it was a piece of the uterus lining.

Reply to Nic
Posted by: Nic | 2010-10-22

HI Steph,

I had exactly the same thing with the first period I had after I stopped Yasmin ( I still remember this even though it was 5 years ago). I googled it and found that its called an endometrial cast (I know exactly what you mean - its not a clot), and its a piece of the lining of the uterus.

Reply to Nic