Question
Posted by: steph | 2010/10/21

period

i refer to earlier post. the period that arrived late was in september, it was a normal period just that it was late. i suspected that it was late due to the fact that i had been travelling and had got thrush when i was away, it was quite stressful for me as I had to find a dr to help me but we didnt speak the same language so it was a nightmare really. in the end i got some meds, tabs and pessary. my period was 5 days late, but it was quite normal. then the next period was also ok, but no cramps whatsoever, it just arrived at the same time as i am usually quite regular, but there was this long string of tissue looking stuff. my period usually only lasts three days and this time was the same as always. if this was a miscarriage i would be devastated as my partner and i are desperate to have kids, we are just waiting for me to finish my masters at varsity. is it likely that it could be a miscarriage. i stopped my pill after the last period, as i had run out of it, so i had to wait for the beginning of my cycle to start again. i had not been sexually active as my partner is away in europe for his job, since the last period so there was no risk due to not being on the pill after that....

Hallo Steph
It is just that your description of the tissue that you found does not sound like blood clots or even menstruation tissue. I still think it will be better for you to see a gynecologist to check the uterus with a sonar to see if everything is ok there. Let me know what she/he says? I hope it wasn't a miscarriage!
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Ervin Williams | 2011/02/15

Reply to Ervin Williams
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/21

Hallo Steph
dr Bets