Question
Posted by: Chanel | 2010/04/21

Period

Please advise. Ive never had promblems with my periods before they always last for three days at the most and I have a light flow. However this week for the first time I have had very heavy bleeding and its day 5 now and Im still bleeding. Should i be concered? What causes this change and when should I consult a Doc? how many days should one bleed for. Can stress things like these cause changes? Thanks for your help.

Hallo Chanel
Yes, stress can cause menstruation irregularities. Sometimes it is also caused by hormonal imbalances. If you have no other symptoms (pain/clots/fever) you could just wait it out, but if it persists, or have other symptoms, rather see your doctor.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/21

Hallo Chanel
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc