Question
Posted by: Louisa | 2009/06/22

Period

Dear Doc

I was on the pill for more than five years. At the beginning of this year we’ ve decided that I should leave the pill. As soon as I stopped with it I did not receive my period. After three months I went to the gynae and he gave me a pill “ Duphaston”  to make me start again. This worked.

I noticed that the last two months I wil start on a Sunday, finish on the Tuesday, spotting on Saturday and Sunday and then will start bleeding on the next week’ s Monday again.

Should I be concerned?

It sounds like there is a hormonal problem which may need further assessment.