Posted by: Nadine | 2009-04-06

I gave birth about 8 months ago. I baby has been formula fed ever since. I' ve been on Microval birth tablets ever since and havents had my period for the last 6 months now and now recently got it. I forgot to take my tablet about 2 weeks ago on one night. My husband and I had unprotected sex. I then took the morning after tablet the following day. A week after that I felt abdominal pains on my left side. I then got my period which lasted for a week. Should I be concerned? Im now taken my microval regularly.
I also have a autoimmune disease thats why I use microval as my specialist is scared that I might get a blood clot. I was also advised to either use the Loop or mirena. I would also like to know where I will be able to get this.

It does not seem that you are pregnant. A gynaecologist can fit the Mirena or IUCD for you.