Posted by: Gela | 2009-03-16

Period ?

My period has always been regular since I started, I have never spotting in between.
I have two children, last was was born last year April. He was breastfed up until December, where he weaned himself and I had my first period then. I was late in January, then spot on the mark (28 days) in February. I am not due for another 17 days, however today I am slightly crampy and sore in my uterus , AND went I went to the bathroom there was a little blood. Not old blood, and not a lot but just this little stain of fresh blood.
Is there any logical explanation, or should I worry?

Dear Gela

If you are not on any contraceptive then this may be considered as mid-cycle bleeding in which case you may need to visit your gynaecologist. The possibility of an ovarian cyst should be considered.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Gela | 2009-03-16

Oh and I am not on contraception.

Reply to Gela