Question
Posted by: Period | 2009/02/17

Period

Dear GynaeDoc

I am very athletic, I gym 5 to 6 days a week and the last time I had my period was the beginning of January. I am 1.67/1.68m tall and weigh 55.30kg' s. I have done 2 home pregnancy tests and both were negative. Are they always accurate or should I go for blood tests. Could my period have vanished because my body fat percentage has dropped?

If you have lost weight recently, this can interfere with ovulation and thus with your periods. If you are having unprotected sex, it may be worth checking a blood test, otherwise not.