Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2008/11/03

Period

Hi Doc, Is it normal for a 42yr old to have a monthly period that resembles a miscarriage ie dark clots averaging about 2cm x 0.5cm x 1xm in size? I have been to my gynae who advised that I am perimenopausal. This has been happening for the last 5 months now and causes a fair amount of pain, sometimes resulting in my legs going " numb" ? Usually the worst are the 1st &  2nd days of my period.

Charlie

This sort of change in your menstrual pattern can occur perimenopausally. I presume that your doctor examined you and found nothing wrong with the uterus.