Posted by: penny | 2012-11-12

perineum strength vs pregnancy

I feel like I''m literally coming apart.

I feel like the muscle between my vagina and rectum has diminshed quite substantially. It''s as if the triangular wedge has shrunk and I can only now feel a tiny muscular area next to my rectal sphincter (barely evident now, was at least finger tip length before).

I have not been pregnant so a tear cannot be due to labour. There has been no bleeding. Have I torn only the skin and/or the muscle? Can it be fixed and strengthened.

Everytime I have intercourse I also feel that my fourchette rips some more. (skin feels like it is tearing backwards as becoming more and more ''loose'' and body of mass below softer and softer and less firm-almost as if very bad muscle tone). I feel a burning pinch that lasts just by the tear.

I really can''t understand what is happening with my body. If I curl my legs up to my body it feels as though I''m quite open.

I want to fall pregnant soon however I''m reluctant until I understand what has happened to my body and the implications thereof.

Will I be able to ''carry'' a baby? Is there a higher possibility of me ripping during vaginal child birth?

Also I have been diagnosed with a possible haemorroid that comes out my body when passing stool. It is not [ainful or does not bleed. I suspect that this is the reason to an uncomfortable pressure in my anus when I have vaginal intercourse?

If I go under anesthetic is it better to do so before I conceive?

Also could this haemorroid / polyps be the cause of me feeling " torn apart"  or slack muscle?

Please help by answering as many questions as possible. I know i''ve put across a lot. I''m really concerned though.

It would be very unusual for you to have tearing of the muscle from intercourse. It may be that your perineum has stretched to accomodate intercourse and this is entirely normal. If you have a burning sensation during sex, try using KY jelly as a lubricant. It may be that some of your symptoms are related to the haemorrhoid. If surgery has been suggested, it may be better to have this before you fall pregnant.
I can't tell about tearing durring labour, but if you are 'looser' it would be less likely that you would tear.