Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2012/08/03

perimenopause/depo provera

Hi I am 45 years old and starting with symptoms of peri menopause
5 years ago I was due to undergo a tubal ablation for excessive bleeding and did not have it done due to medical aid issues
my gynae put me on the depo injection instead and I have not had any problems with bleeding until now
since being on depo I had no bleeding and now I have started spotting every few days or so
what should I do?

I would suggest that you go back to your doctor. Long term use of Depo can cause spotting but you should check that there is nothing else going on.

1