Question
Posted by: Christene | 2010/07/14

Perimenopause, fibrocystic breasts &  depo provera

Hello.

I am 38. I have a benign lump in my left breast, several nodules and suffer from fibrocystic breasts. I have had a D& C, hysteroscopy &  polypectomy in 2009. I have been sterilized 11 years ago.

I think I am currently in perimenopause. I am depressed, obese, have no libido, suffer from constant headaches, have a dry vagina, my cycle varies between excessive bleeding and light bleeding, I always have clots. I am really tired all the time and moody.

I want to start using the depo provera injection to stop the bleeding. In your opinion taking the above in consideration should I take the injection to stop the bleeding?

I think that you should find out what the cause of the irregular bleeding is. There could be a problem with the uterus or ovaries.

1