Posted by: Glyn | 2009-03-16

I' m 49 and due to irregular periods was put onto HRT (Novofem) which I have been on for the past 4 months and my periods have been fine. After visiting the gynae this month he confirmed I have a fibroid but that I must continue on the HRT. However, this month after intercourse I had some bleeding and started menstruating 2 days after this (at the start of the red pills). Normally my periods last about 5 days and haven' t been very heavy but this month I am now on day 5 and the bleeding is quite heavy with some clotting. Will the bleeding stop soon or should I go and see my gynae?

It sounds like you started menstruating at the right time. The heavy bleeding may be related to the fibroid. I don't think that you need to see your Gynae at this stage. I presume that you had a normal pap smear.