Question
Posted by: Sonja | 2009-02-15

perimenopausal symptoms

Blood tests show that I have high estrogen levels &  high prolactin levels. Doc prescribed YASMINE &  PARLODEL. Meds make me vomit so stopped. I am 37 years old. I have 2 children aged 11 nd 5. Husband had vasectomy 4 years ago. EXPERIENCED LUMPY PERIODS FOR THE LAST 7 MONTHS WHICH PROMPTED VISIT TO GYNAE. hAVIING night sweats,mood swings,irritability,weight gain around abdomen,pre-mature ageing of skin,fatigue ...all the symptoms of peri-menopause.

Why do I have high prolactin levels? What does this mean? Why are my estrogen levels high? Can I just take Yasmine without the Parlodel?

Sonja

The high prolactin means that you have a tumour of the milk producing gland. This MUST be treated and Parlodel is the treatment. It could account for the periods. Mood swings, irritability, weight gain, etc can all have a number of causes but the high oestrogen means that you are not perimenopausal.