Question
Posted by: Rebecca | 2011/04/14

peri menopause

I am 44. I would like to know if I am experiencing peri menopause. I went to the GP but she wouldnt do tests as she said I was too young? She sent me for a glucose test which came back normal
I cannot really comment on periods as I am on depo provera and do not have any periods but when I did take a break from depo last year my periods were very heavy and lasted longer.
I am having heart palpitations
My blood pressure is very low 90/50 (this fluctuates though)
I am very tired, fatigued. I do sleep well generally but also battle to fall asleep
my face is " hot"  all the time
I need to suddenly wee very frequently which is something that is not common for me
I feel like I am out of control with my mood swings - I have been very tempermental - getting angry quickly etc but also very tearful a lot of the time - bit down in the dumps so to speak
Please can you give me some advice. Is there perhaps a supplement I can take for now?

The hot flushes and mood swings could be signs of perimenopause. You could think of HRT but I would suggest you discuss this with your gynaecologist.

2