Posted by: Jessica | 2010-09-30

peri menopause

I have not been feeling " well"  for a couple of months. I am 44 years old. I have been told there is such a thing as peri menopause and am wondering how one can test for this. I went to see the GP and she said I am too young and didnt do anything about the way I am feeling. To be honest I feel like a hypochondriac but I feel almost desperate to find out " what is wrong" . These are symptoms I have been having and other things I have noticed about myself over the past few months:
Feeling faint/dizzy during the day - had a glucose test which was normal
Needing to urinate more often
I am very moody and tearful
I am on depo so cant notice any change in cycle as I dont have periods
My face gets very hot and red at different times

You can check hormone levels to see if you are near menopause.