Posted by: Smiley | 2009-03-25

I have not been feeling myself for about 3 years, and have noticed mood changes, loss of libido, insomia, body heat chages amongst others. I went to my Gp and ask that he draw blood and have my hormones level checked out. Firstly I am 51 have had a hesterectomy but ovaries intact. The results where as follows: Oestrdiol - 115, FSH 2.1, LH 1.7.
My Gp gave me Minevra to take, I know that this is a contraceptive tablet and don' t want to take them. I read Robin Mcgraw' s book and in it she talks all about menopause and what to look out for. According to the symptons for low oestrogen there are about 20 different signs. Of all of these I have about 80% of them. She research it by going the natural way and also did not want to be hand a whole lot of prescriptions and told to come back in 3 months time.

Please comment, is there homeopathic/natual treatments available in SA. I have also been advised to go to Solal Laboritories and they can check me ut for everything but at a high cost.

Awaiting some good feedback, I' m getting desparate.

Expert ImageNatural health

in my experience different treatment works for different patients. A treatment that has worked well for me is the progesterone cream twice daily and Fem+ (a chinese herbal formulation) to regulate the hormones.

Dr Debbie