Question

peri menopausal

I am 42 years old... I take depo provera and do not have any periods
the last few months I have been sleeping badly, battling with my bladder - infections, needing to go more frequently etc, I am also very moody and emotional and feel hot all the time - esp my face (I feel like my face is red and hot even when it isnt)
are these signs of menopause/peri menopause and what can i do?

Hallo Anon
Depo provera can cause skipped periods after a few months use. With your symptoms it may be necessary to do a FSH test to see if you are in early menopause.

3

Thanks Leila, also my scalp is very dry and sometimes inflamed - the hairdresser said this is due to hormones??

Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/13

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: Leila | 2010/04/12

Hello, I went thru basically the same as you, and am taking Premelle LD - its a hormone replacement therapy and I cannot tell you what a difference it has made in my life. Go and see your gyne for a check up and ask about HRTs.

Reply to Leila