Posted by: Mel | 2010-04-07

Peri menopausal

I am 42 years old. I have had strange symptoms lately and have done some research on the internet - is is possible I could be peri menopausal?

I feel very emotional, something I am normally not. (mood swings, cry at the slightest thing)
I feel hot all the time (esp my face) when the rest of the family are complaining they are cold!!!!!!!!!!
My hair is thinning and my scalp is very dry - patchy sometimes

Please can you advise what I can take? I take a multivitamin and calcium.

Expert ImageNatural health

it is possible. A blood test can also help confirm this. You can try Femular from Flordis.
Usually blood test are done on day 22 of the cycle. this includes Progesterone, Testosterone, Oestradiol, FSH.

Dr Debbie