Question
Posted by: pop | 2011/06/10

Perhaps I was wrong but my mind was all over

I suppose I was wrong, but the short version of it is that my gf needed some docs to be faxed to her, it was impossible given my work and I was out of office so I did not manage, instead I decided let me drive there to hand them over to her. Noting that mr brother was coming that weekend, he was to first meet a friend. When i got to my gf''s house she was not in, so I waited.

My brother''s friend calls me to say his car is stuck in the middle of nowhere, I decide hey let me help this dude. call my brother who had not arrived and was about 80 kilometers away. I called my gf to say I want to leave to assist my brother''s friend, she tells me she is not far and I should wait, so i wait for 30 minutes and she does nt arrive. meanwhile, it is getting dark and this guys does not know Pretoria and he called me every 2 minutes. After a while my gf arrives, i tried to explain but she had just bought new clothes and she wants to talk about them. While I try very hard to look interested I was not, so I said "  babe to tell you the truth I am not listerning, I don''t have time now.

Meanwhile - my brother calls to say he is now with his friend and because of his friends'' dead car he musy drive to Jburg. I am against this move, since my brother has not driven to Jburg before and now he must follow this dude''s dying car all the way in the middle of the night. I wanted to get involved and salvage the situation.

So today it came back, I did not have time and she has promised "  I will never waste your time anymore"  She says I was insensetive. My mind was all over.....I was not concerntrating on her. So I apologised but of course she could tell, I am not sincer about it. Was I wrong to come clearn

Complex situation. But she was selfish and insensitive - buying new clothes is NEVER a priority over not inconveniencing a friend, or preventing them from helping another friend.
Presumably, her not having the documents in the first place was due to her negligence, surely not yours. When someone is doing you a favour - don't make it needlessly difficult for them.
SHE was insensitive and ridiculously high maintenance, not you.
You were simply honest in a situation in which she was bein crass and totally self-absorbed. Why on earth would you want to spend time with such a vain and high-maintenance girl ?

7
Posted by: Dick | 2011/06/10

Just shut her up by putting your dick in her mouth!!!...and therafter apologize!

Reply to Dick
Posted by: Pop | 2011/06/10

Truth I don''t think you get it. I did not want my brother to drive to place he has never driven in the night just because my gf bought a new jacket. And you can''t start pointing fingers when I drove to submit documents to her out of freewill.

We are both based in PTA, it can''t hurt that I will help someone for day let alone my brother. This situation needed not be about me vs them. we could have both left to save the situation if one was to give in. Truth I really think did the truest thing, i can''t ask you to understand, at that time the decision was right - in head of heads i know i did the right thing, but i acknowlegde that is upseted her.

I would have done the same even if it was her brother. why must i choose between people, i chose a more severe situation. If anything happened to my brother I would not be able to face my family.

Reply to Pop
Posted by: Bee-bee | 2011/06/10

Jy was nie verkeerd nie. Die wê reld draai nie om haar nie. Jy het ander goed op jou " mind"  gehad en as sy volwasse genoeg is sou sy verstaan het.

Sy is verkeerd, nie jy nie.

Reply to Bee-bee
Posted by: Truth | 2011/06/10

This was our brother friend - not yours! Even when your brother arrived 2 assist your friend you continued to put them first.
I can empathize with the GF point of view.

Reply to Truth
Posted by: just saying! | 2011/06/10

dont take her crap, we live in SA and he could have been killed or hijacked or whatever in the dark,
You could have just pushed the docs under her door and went and help the friend and told her see you later.
Next time she brings it up , tell her "  Babe your new clothes would have looked lovley on a funeral if something happened to my brother and friend.! That should put her in her place and If I were your friend I would have been very upset with you right now, what fair is fair, SHE WAS WRONG!!!
Redicilous , Doc is right , HIGH ON MAINTENANCE and you are taking her crap and allow her in the process.

Reply to just saying!
Posted by: Kaily | 2011/06/10

I believe in honesty. I think she was insensitive.

Reply to Kaily