Posted by: Performance appraisel sucks | 2008-11-21

Performance appraisel sucks

I worked for my company for 8 years and only the last 3 years had a new manager who I reported to who gave me the most horrified appraisels after each appraisel I was in tears, I was the editor of our companies news letter, I did all the traveling arrangements and the year end functions just to mention a few, which was always done perfectly, but never got the praise for it, when mentioned to this manager in my appraisels he would say it has been looked at but there is a lot of other negative things that happened like leaving 2 minutes before 4:30 and get penalised on that, It was a lot of petty things that he always brouht up in my appraisels, A new HR started at the company before my last appraisel and she was present, after the Appraisel she went to my Director (who this manager reports to) and said my appraisel needs to be done again because she thinks it was unfair, so my Direcot did it a few days later, and it was exactly the same, so I got back to my desk did my resignation letter and hand it to them, I then emailed my Chairman all the details about me being treated unfairly one example(my dad was sick and I asked my manager for leave he told me I cannot go, A week later I asked again he gave me permission to go from the Thursday and that same morning before I could leave for CPT my dad died) After sending the email to the CEO, I think he must have forward it to the Director on which he called me in and said I can take leave right away and the co will pay me until the end of the month, I just feel I cannot let this go without doing something, what can I do, take them to the CCMA, any suggestions

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Performance Appraisel Sucks

It is suggested that you raise a grievance and bring out all the problems that you have presented with regard to the appraisel.

It is also suggested that you raise a further grievance with regard to the way in which they handled your leave. It is not suggested that you take this matter to the CCMA as yet.

Posted by: rippie | 2008-12-01

Hi Gatsby
I get this idea your are one of those Managers from hell, name calling is all you guys know..

Reply to rippie
Posted by: gatsby | 2008-11-21

You were the editor of the companies'  newsletter and you can' t spell? This whole letter is so slipshod - if this reflects on the quality of your work, well, I' m not surprised your performance appraisels were negative. I wish people would stop blaming everybody else and do some introspection - maybe your manager is right? Maybe your work is not up to scratch?

Reply to gatsby
Posted by: xoxo | 2008-11-21

You can take them to the CCMA for constructive dismissal. However you will have to proof that the company made life unbearable and that you were force to resign due to unbearable circumstances be it being treated unfairly, victimisation etc. Onus will be on you to proof the unfairness, the company will have to be able to proof that they were not unfair.

Reply to xoxo