Posted by: Morushka | 2008-11-07

Perfect weight

My height is of about 1.5m &  I weigh 80Kg. What would be my perfect weight.

Dear Morushka
A weight of 50 kg would give you an ideal BMI of 22. Your present BMI = 35,6 which is very high. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 or more minutes a day. Tackle your weightloss in stages - 10 kg at a time otherwise you will get discouraged.