Posted by: B | 2009-01-16

Percentage of weight loss

Please could you help me with this. How would you work out what percentage of weight you have lost like they did in the Biggest Loser comp. We have started our own BL comp and at the end we need to work out who has won.

Dear B
How wonderful that you and your friends have started your own Biggest Loser group - well done! I hope other Readers will follow suite because it helps a great deal to have support when one is losing weight.
To work out what percentage of weight each member of your group has lost, let's use the following example:
Participant No 1: Starting weight 100 kg, final weight 60 kg, total weight lost 40 kg. Divide 40 by 100 and multiply by 100 = %, so 40/100 x 100 = 40% weightloss.
Participant No 2: Starting weight 70 kg, final weight 50 kg, total weight lost 20 kg, thus 20/70 x 100 = 28,6% and so on.
Do let me know how your group did and how much the winner lost.