Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2010/11/08

peptic ulcer during pregnancy?

I am 34 weeks pregnant. This is my 2nd pregnancy. I was admitted to hospital last week, for severe dehydration, due to sudden excess vomiting. I just felt sick on the Tuesday and was in hospital by Wednesday. The doctor said I had a bad bladder infection. I came home on Friday. By Friday night, I got nauseous and vomited again and felt terrible all night. Saturday, I was nauseous all day and again on Saturday and Sunday evening, I got very nauseous and vomited. Every time I phone the doctor to inform her, she tells me to drink rehydrate and if it gets worse, go back to hospital to be admitted again.

This morning, I started searching for the symptoms and cause of what I am experiencing and it might be that I have a peptic ulcer.

Since I fell sick last week, I started with heartburn so bad, the gaviscon and a glass of milk don’ t do any good at all, followed by nausea, loss of appetite, severe pain just below my ribs.

Since I am pregnant, I know all of this also happens during pregnancy, but why is it that I am all of a sudden, sick every night?

Can it be that I do have a peptic ulcer and my doctor is overlooking it?

I am desperate for help, because me and my baby is suffering and not getting any food in and I am in severe pain at night.

If you have severe pain it could be an ulcer. However, at 34 weeks, the baby will be pushing on your stomach, so heartburn is also common. Bad bladder infections can cause vomiting. If you are worried, go to the hospital and let them check you out.

1