Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2011/03/23

Pep test results

I had a pep test done 3 weeks ago and my diagnoses was as follows.
Endocervical cells/squamous metaplastic cells present. reactive cellular changes present, associated with inflammation. Fungal organisms present, morphologically consistent with Candida species. Shift in flora suggestive of bacterial vaginosis is present. Negative for Intraepithelial Lesion or Malignancy.

I am currently using ProFlora capsules. Is there any reason for concern. All the above sounds foreign to me. I need a second opinion.

Thanks,

It means that you have thrush and possibly another infection called bacterial vaginosis. Canesten pessaries would treat the thrush , and Flagyl the bacterial vaginosis.

1