Question
Posted by: stressed | 2009-07-07

People who can' t MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I' m just so freaking tired by people who' ve got nothing better to do than gossiping and skinner all day long!! my colleagues recently ' discovered'  my eating disorder...now EVERYBODY in our small town knows about it! This is making me so depressed i' m actually considering suicide...just to espape all the tongues...but also because even though this is so embarrassing, I CAN' T STOP my bulimic behaviour!!!

Either that, or I should just run away somewhere far away from this pathetic bunch of narrow minded flies!!!

We need to avoid declaring very annoying behaviour a disorder, but there almost is a "gossiping disorder" --- pity there can't be more rumours going round about how these quackers have a gossipping problem, and should be avoided as it ca be contagious. Don't even imagine suicide in response to these silly, misguided emptyheads. Don't be pushed into feeling embarrassed about a bona fide disorder, which you did not create for the fun of it, and which needs proper treatment to help you get it back under contro,. Ignore these foolish narrowminds, and if any of them asks "sympathetically" about your eating disorder, just say you're doing well --- but how are they coping with their piles ?
Get proper help, see a psychiatrist for assessment an get into proper treatment and beat the disorder, that would be the best revenge on these folks, who would then have to find something else to chat about

2
Posted by: Liza | 2009-07-07

This sounds like a rant against the narrow minded flies buzzing around the subject of your bulimia. I can sympathise.

But I also have to say - as embarrassing as it may be, with proper treatment you WILL be able to stop your bulimic behaviour. You just need a CBT therapist as well as a good psychiatrist to evaluate your suicidal feelings. A light antidepressant might do wonders. And CBT will teach you how to handle your situation.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Romy | 2009-07-07

Take it easy...If u are thin, short, fat or tall u will always be the talk of the town &  ppl will always make u feel lower than them but i say fcuk them. On the other hand having a disorder is not gona make things better, they could just be gossiping or they could just be worried &  spreading the news in hope that some1 can face u to tell u its not good for ur health. Sometimes pple care but they have weird ways of showing it, then again u really get ppl who cant mind their own business. U need to get professional help for ur disorder hun.Im not giving u advice on ur colleagues bcoz they are ppl who will never keep their nose outa other ppls business but now that u mentioned ur disorder maybe u should seek help.

Reply to Romy