Question
Posted by: Nish | 2011-02-15

People who are never happy...

i have come across quite a few people and 1 in particular who is never happy with what they have. This person has a good, growing business, a stable relationship and from what i know , no problems as such but still never happy or satisfied-always wanting more. So my question is, is this just them being ungratefull for all that they have and obviously taking it for granted or can it be a phsychological problem - whereas things in life make u happy for a certain period but afterwards when the excitement dies then you just not happy and tend to only focus on all that you dont have.

Some popl are only happy when they're unhappy. They enjoy being martyrs to whatever problem is bothering them. I don't think its really to do mwith gratitude, but maybe enjoying and seeking sympathy ? Or having developed a skill for thinking of the down-side to verything ? OK, so I've won the Nobel Prize - but just imagine all those tedious interviews I'll have to do !

1