Posted by: noma | 2009-01-15

people and their big mouths

If i knew where to get a new job i would, i have been working with people who likes gossip, gossip, if maybe someone does something it will be talk talk talk, recently i told one woman at work i ' m pregnant buit this was she saw me visiting the toilet often saw she kept on asking me until i told her, i thought she is a grown and matured woman, but wallaaaaaaaa, until i heard from work that this person told everyone at work that i' m pregnant, i feel so let down since i wanted everyone to see for themslves when times comes,

Now i am the topic of the month at work i feel so humiliated not with my pregnancy ut with the she did things,

Please help, how do i live my life since all this happenned.

One's lucky if one finds anywhere to work that doesn't have its quote of gossips. And where the work-load is too low, that's their main pastime. The snoopy woman who embarrassed you is older, but immature. So, don't tell her anything in the future. This is unpleasant for you, but your story won'tlast long, and they'll very soon have something else to chatter about. And BG's suggested e-mail makes excellent sense.

Posted by: irritable | 2009-01-15

you are being over sensitive - grow up! they were bound to know anyway!!!!! so just get your act together and start behaving like an adult yourself...

Reply to irritable
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-01-15

I' d send her an email......

" what I told you was in confidence, I am upset that my trust in you was misplaced, but I guess I' ve learnt whom I can trust and whom not" 

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend
Posted by: Purple | 2009-01-15

It' s hurtful and irritating when people gossip about everything and there is upset of every minor difference and just a lack of acceptance. Changing workplaces probably won' t change that though, as although office cultures do differ - gossip seems to be the same everywhere.

As much as you are hurt and upset now, as you say, you' re flavour of the month, soon someone else will be, so just hold your head up high and try to ensure as best as you can that your behaviour continually disproves the things they say about you.

When it comes to pregnancy, our hormones do make us a little more sensitive than usual, but when you tell people is your business, and I know I' d also feel hurt if some blabbermouth spread the news for me.

Just hang in there, and put your head down and work, and that way you won' t really hear the gossip going on. It doesn' t matter what you do and how you do it people will still talk about it and half will feel you did the right thing and the other half that you did the wrong thing, so it' s best that you do what feels right to your conscience and then just ignore what others say about it, so long as the back of your neck isn' t prickling about anything you' ve done does it really matter what others think about it?

Reply to Purple