Question
Posted by: Jane | 2008/06/20

people

Hi, I wrote a while ago about my son being gay. Since then I have been "eavesropping" on this site to kind of get the feeling of how gay life is, how it differs from "straight".
You know what, I hate to generalise, but it seems to me that most of you are kinder, more caring, gentler people than the so-called straight men.
I am getting on in years now and sex is not important to me anymore but friends are and I wish I had friends like you guys.
I truly pray that the controversy of being gay or being straight comes to an end. We are all human and most of us just want to find love and fulfillment
I have been a bit clumsy in my wording and I hope it comes across okay.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Jane and thanks for this generous post!

5
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/06/23

Hi Jane. You are most welcome, and age is relative in any way you look at it. You are doing great and keep posting.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Ferny | 2008/06/20

Hi Jane,

Welcome to another Mom of a gay son.

I can honestly say that my son & my future son in law have got some of the nicest gay friends! They are all decent men, with good careers & are lots of fun to be with. Clearly it helps that their friends feel comfortable around my husband & I because they know how loving & supportive we are of our son & his partner.

The older amongst their gay friends are out to their families & friends but some of their younger friends haven't quite got to the stage where they are ready to tell their families.

I personally feel that Stef & Charl are a positive symbol of what is possible for a gay couple especially to the younger generation. They have been open about their relationship from the start, faced the adversity of Charl's parents rejection & unpleasantness & come through it closer & stronger than ever.

Now in August they are getting married in a legal ceremony by a magistrate & in a religious ceremony by the Methodist minister at the church they belong to. They are having a reception for +- 70 family & friends at a beautiful venue just outside PE. Family & friends are coming from all around the country & it is set to be a truely joyous occasion!!

Who says that if you're gay you can't have exactly the same as any other couple in love? Society & its prejudices might say you shouldn't but our boys have thumbed their noses at society & are doing exactly what they want to do & that is spend the rest of their lives together as a happily married couple!!

And they have our blessing & support every step of the way!

Hope to hear more from you - Love & hugs - Ferny :-)

Reply to Ferny
Posted by: T | 2008/06/20

jane, im straight too. you most definately wont find kinder, gentler, honest and caring than in this camp

Reply to T
Posted by: Jane | 2008/06/20

Well, if you don't mind an ancient old granny on your site!!
I don't feel old - just my body getting on and letting me down. Get quite a shock when I see myself in the mirror "who is that old hag?"
Anyway, love you guys and will continue to visit now and then.

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/06/20

Jane,

You just made yourself a truck load of friends ..........

WELCOME HERE and feel free to chat and ask questions as it is only the real stupid who never ask and continue to assume or think they know it all.

People like you is what makes controversy disappear.

Your wording comes across A - OK

Nikkits
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply to Nikkits