Posted by: Jaco | 2012-05-23

Penis spots

Hi doc,

I am worried sick! I had unprotected oral sex only, about 3 months ago. Did go to my GP and had a HIV and herpes 1 and 2 test, all negative.

I noticed purple spots on my penis head. They sometimes look like small bumps from shallow veins on the head but not sure. I google’ d every possible site for HPV warts and cannot find a definite answer or picture looking the same.

How do genital warts look in the early stages?
Do I need to go back to the GP for another check?
Any idea if it might be something else?

I suggest that you consult your GP for an examination of your genitals. It is most probably due to a vascular problem and not genital warts. Genital warts present with a small raised area that is hard to the touch and clear in appearance. It is not painful and has no symptoms at all.