Posted by: worried mom | 2009-04-16

Penis size for 7 yr old child

hi,my son was circumcised as a baby and i always thought the dr took off too much skin.He is an overweight child and his penis is really small,its like withdrawn most of the time and he has this puffy pubic area(fat).He is 60kgs and 137cm.He is forever on a diet but its difficult.What sort of dr can i take him to,is this problem in relation to his weight,can something be done about it and what do you advise?

Dear Worried Mom
You can take him to an urologist for an evaluation. Overweight boys sometimes seem to have small penises as the base of the penis is hidden by the fat layer in the pubic area. Maybe you should take him to a pediatrician to see if he does not have underlying medical causes for the obesity. If no physical cause is found, getting a dietician to work out an individual diet for him and getting him onto a structured exercise program may help.

Posted by: Mmmmmm | 2009-04-17

What does he eat? What sport does he do? I' m always curios to know how children develop weight problems.

Reply to Mmmmmm