Question
Posted by: stu-the-loon | 2010-09-21

penis sensitivity

Hi, I don''t have a problem as such however it is becoming rather frustrating for my wife and myself. During sex once I come I find it very sensitive but want to carry on, however the sensitivity is too much to carry on. I have never had a sti or std, my wife has had previously but we have both been checked and come back clear since the sti. Any help on this matter would be very helpful, I love sex but this has become an obstical, we have tried various methods and lubes nambing creams etc and it tends to wear off to quick.

Dear Stu
Is the skin very red or does it tend to crack after sex? Then you may have a underlying yeast infection (Candida) that needs treatment. Something else you can try is to have sex with a condom to protect the sensitive skin of the penis.

3
Posted by: stu-the-loon | 2010-09-22

Thanks Dr Bets,
As far as redness goes that only occurs after long periods of time like maybe after an hour which I believe is natural. The skin does nor dry or crack after sex as generally we use lubrication, I know that they do wear off over time but other than that I have no problems, I don''t particularly like wearing condoms as my wife is allergic to latex and its difficult to get ones that aren''t too tight without being big headed about it.

Would it be best if I went to my GP?

Thanks,
Stu

Reply to stu-the-loon
Posted by: stu-the-loon | 2010-09-22

Thanks Dr Bets,

Would it be best if I went to my GP?

Thanks,
Stu

Reply to stu-the-loon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-21

Dear Stu