Question
Posted by: Abused | 2008/09/07

Penis pain after hard handling

Dear Dr
I had kind of a rough session on Saturday evening and my penis got handled very hard (there were no penetration, but lots of rubbing, etc etc).
The next day, a part of it was very red with little spots on them (like a rash).
I am 99% sure that it is not a disease (I know my partner very well) and I felt pain at some stage at the point where the rash developed, after which we stopped.
Need I worry about this and if yes, what should I do about it?

It sounds like the rough handling caused some minor abrasions due to the friction, or if you used lubricant or some other substance, it may be that you're having a slight reaction to it. The skin on the penis is soft and delicate and I'm sure you'd agree used to SLIGHTLY more delicate handling. Wait and see how it settles over the next few days and if it doesn't settle then go to your doctor.

Ask your partner to go gently, especially if you're feeling abused, that's not on. You can injure your penis through being too rough, so whilst you don't need to be overly cautious, do beware!