Question
Posted by: Martin | 2011-05-12

Penis growth during puberty and afterwards

Hi Doctor

It may seem that this question does not relate to your field but I would really like to know the following because it would put my mind at ease.

As far as I understand, hormones are responsible for the growth of the penis during puberty. Which specific hormone causes penis growth - is it testosterone? Could you explain the process of how it causes the penis to grow? At what age does the penis stop growing? Would it be theoretically possible to use hormones to increase the length of the penis after puberty is complete, say, for example, when a man is in his twenties? Is it possible to insert hormones into the body to act specifically on the penis with minimal effects on anything else? Thank you.

Correctly re-asigned by H24 staff. As far as I know, no form of hormone manipulation will produce growth of a penis once puberty is complete. One must remember that the natural range of sizes of penis is quite large, and that skill in sexual performance is far more related to experience and skill than penile size.
And no form of hormone intake could be manipulated so as to act solely on the penis.

2
Posted by: Health24 Admin | 2011-05-12

Thank you for writing to Health24.

We have posted your question on CyberDoc''s forum - please watch for the reply.

Reply to Health24 Admin