Question
Posted by: Chantelle | 2011-05-31

Penis getting smaller

hi... my hubby is concerned he was quite blessed in that area but it seems to be getting smaller...... is it something to be concerned about??

“Penis Size. Weight gain is common as men grow older. As fat accumulates on the lower abdomen, the apparent size of the penis changes. "A large prepubic fat pad makes the penile shaft look shorter," says Ira Sharlip, MD, clinical professor of urology at the University of California, San Francisco.
"In some cases, abdominal fat all but buries the penis," says Ronald Tamler, MD, PhD, co-director of the Men's Health Program at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. "One way I motivate my overweight patients is by telling them that they can appear to gain up to an inch in size simply by losing weight."
In addition to this apparent shrinkage (which is reversible) the penis tends to undergo an actual (and irreversible) reduction in size. The reduction in both length and thickness typically isn't dramatic but may be noticeable. "If a man's erect penis is 6 inches long when he is in his 30s, it might be 5 or 5-and-a-half inches when he reaches his 60s or 70s," says Goldstein.
What causes the penis to shrink? At least two mechanisms are involved, experts say. One is the slow deposition of fatty substances (plaques) inside tiny arteries in the penis, which impairs blood flow to the organ. This process, known as atherosclerosis, is the same one that contributes to blockages inside the coronary arteries a leading cause of heart attack. Goldstein explains that another mechanism involves the gradual buildup of relatively inelastic collagen (scar tissue) within the stretchy fibrous sheath that surrounds the erection chambers. Erections occur when these chambers fill with blood. Blockages within the penile arteries and increasingly inelastic chambers mean smaller erections.
As penis size changes, so do the testicles. "Starting around age 40, the testicles definitely begin to shrink," says Goldstein. The testicles of a 30-year-old man might measure 3 centimeters in diameter, he says; those of a 60-year-old, perhaps only 2 centimeters. “ - http://men.webmd.com/features/life-cycle-of-a-penis
You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.

5
Posted by: Chantelle | 2011-06-01

Thanks for all the feedback
yes he did gain weight well he hurt his back a few years back he then gained about 20KG or so but he did lose most of the extra weight if i take a wild geuse he is only about 3kg or so over weight and he is 29years of age...

Reply to Chantelle
Posted by: Fred | 2011-05-31

As Ophrah said it: 7.5Kg = 1cm

Reply to Fred
Posted by: ERIC | 2011-05-31

One benefit of the appearance of my penis as I became older, is that when in soft state, it remains thicker and longer. It does not shrink that much when soft anymore. It looks quite good when I stand in front of a mirror. Unfortunately it does not get as rigid and rock hard as when I was a young man in the 20''s and 30''s. It is probably also true for other older men. In the gym locker rooms my friend''s penises generally appear larger than those of the younger men. I have noticed that the penises of my 2 adult sons have shrinked much more than mine when we showered after coming out of the sea.

Reply to ERIC
Posted by: jack | 2011-05-31

Did he put weight on

Reply to jack
Posted by: sexologist | 2011-05-31

Reply to sexologist