Question
Posted by: pregnant | 2009/11/20

penicillin

I have been prescribed Moxypen 500g 3xday (penicillin based) antibiotic for a bad cough by my GP. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant. I have been assured its safe by my gp and by cyberdoc but I guess I am still being a typical worrier. What do you think about penicillin during pregnancy? Are there any risks to the baby? I am feeling much better now, and have been on them for three days. Is it necessary to take for 5 days if I have taken for three days now, I know it is better for resistance but I still worry about the baby.
Thanks, have a good day!
pregnant

It is quite safe in pregnancy and you should complete the course.

1