Question
Posted by: Max | 2011-01-06

Penetration after taking emergency pills

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on sunday night and she is ovulating. On tuesday night she took Norlevo emergency contraceptive pills, however yesterday we had penetration without a condom but no ejaculation occured as far as I was aware, this was about withing 24 hrs she took morning after pills and suppose to be ovulating according to ovulation calendar. We then took a decision of going for birht control mechanism since we realised that we don''t have proper self control. Are we suppose to be worried about pregnancy even though I didn''t ejaculate? Should we be worried that there might be a semen that contained a sperm that can result in pregnancy since it is her ovulation period and she took emergency contraceptions pills within the past 24hrs?

It is possible that there could be sperm in the pre-ejaculate, so she should do a pregnancy test if she misses a period,

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-10